Monday, July 2, 2012

Nesting??

I always thought that I would never nest.  Everyone talks about nesting in terms of a strong desire to clean or organize.  Even pregnant, I will never have the strong desire to clean or organize.  Don't get me wrong, I do clean but it's because of a desire to have a clean house, not for the love or urge to do the actual cleaning part.

Well, apparently, you can nest in other ways to because I woke up this morning with almost a craving to make-over a room.  Sanding, painting, patching holes in walls.  The whole room-redo enchilada.  So I started in the downstairs guest vanity today.  I should specify... I destroyed the downstairs guest vanity today.

Here are some pictures of the process.  I forgot to take "before" pictures so I guess "just-before-mass-destruction" pictures will do.

From the hallway looking into the vanity.

Again from the hallway looking into the vanity.

From the actual bathroom (toilet and shower) area looking towards the hallway.

The vanity area.  I can't wait to paint it!

After taking off an unnecessary towel hanger (the bathroom connects to another vanity that opens into our bedroom), I was left with a couple holes.  My husband loved the phone call that started out "How do you fix a hole in the wall."

This is a picture of the door that we took out.  It's way to tight in this area for multiple doors.

Awful brass light fixture before I took it apart and started the change.

We are spraying this with a texturized black metal spray paint.  We'll see how it works.

This is the one bathroom project that I actually completed today.  It started out gold.  I sanded it and it got this coat of bluish-gray paint.  I can't wait to see it in the bathroom hanging up again.

Here it is with the tape removed.  I like it so much better now.
I started the painting today and hopefully this project will be done in a couple days.  I can't wait to post the finished product.  I'm having so much fun.  Ed thinks I'm going crazy.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment